Thursday, November 21, 2013

Happy Birthday to me

Birthdays, we love the celebrations but most are never really comfortable with the rising number of our age. I'll admit I never wanted to get old when I was younger, who does? I'm happy to say that on Monday I turned 34. I'm not ashamed of it, yeah my number is getting higher but oh well. Life is all about what you make of it. So on Monday, I chose to take my son down to Movieworld, catch up with my best friend and make a fun day of it. It's no secret I love motor racing, motor bikes, motogp, F1, anything that goes fast. I'm an adrenalin junkie. I love my Holden's with a passion, I'd only ever own a Ford if it's a mustang. Nothing against Ford, I was raised to follow the Lions den. I'm a huge supporter of V8 drivers such as Craig Lowndes, Russell Ingall & Mark Skaife. But one of my most favourites is Warren Luff.
Yes ladies, we all know Waz is lovely on the eyes, and when he flashes those pearly whites, even the coldest hearts would melt. Putting all that aside, Waz is a fantastic and successful driver. When Wazza told me he was driving in the stunt show on Monday, the pit pass was a possibility. What a dream, to be a passenger to Warren Luff! Definitely not something I thought I would actually ever do. Since I had my son, I've tried not to be so addicted to being a daredevil but sometimes you just can't ignore it. My best friend, Cas said to me as soon we walked into Movieworld, that I had to do the pit pass experience. Of course I replied "Only if I get Luffy as the driver." In the end after watching the first show, we strolled up to a lovely man named Troy and booked it in. It was set, all ready to go. We went in, watched the second show and had an absolute blast. Troy took us downstairs, while telling us more than once that he would be keeping a close eye on me as I'm likely to be a distraction to poor Wazza. Funny man he is! Of course I wasn't, was I Waz? 
After getting kitted out in my onesie, had a few snapshots done, I went down and met Wazza. Suddenly he stopped being Warren Luff, the professional V8 driver & Carrera Cup driver, he was just Waz. The devilishly handsome Waz, but more like my mate Waz. The few butterflies I had just disappeared and the blood started pumping. I couldn't wait to get my butt into that car. I was planning to go last but decided to go first. I got harnessed in and off we went. It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. Definitely the best thing I've done on any birthday yet. During it, I had a lovely chat with Waz as if we were doing nothing more than having a coffee break. I can honestly say, if you go to MovieWorld, be sure to include a pit pass in your itinerary. It is a must have on the day. I will be doing it again. I'm even going to step up and do the V8 hot lap experience. 
For all my friends in Sydney or those travelling to Sydney and want a great driving experience, check out www.ianluff.com.au or look Ian Luff up on adrenalin.com.au If you are going to learn anything new or refine your motoring skills, you are wise to do it with the best. (Yes that was a self included plug.) 
Thank you to my lovely Cas, who really is more like my little sister than a friend. I am so glad I got to share my day with you. Thank you for encouraging me to take the plunge and just do it. And Waz, I can not thank you enough for the awesome experience you gave me, thank you for also being a part of my day. I hope to catch up with you again someday. To everyone else, forget biding your time, just do it. You will never know what you're missing if you don't. 


No comments:

Post a Comment